Incoming mail SMS alert in India Free! Tip
Copied from way2sms
IMPORTANT NOTICE, Updated on April 22th, 2010.
“As you may know, we frequently review our products and features to ensure their effectiveness.After reviewing our ‘Way2SMS Mail’ feature, which allows you to ’send and receive emails’, we’ve found that it hasn’t had the impact we had hoped for. As a result, we’ve decided to retire this feature at the end of April.So,We request you to make necessary arrangements before 30th of April, as we will remove ‘WAY2SMS MAIL’ Tab from mail section at WAY2SMS.COM.
However users can continue to access Gmail, Yahoo mail on Way2SMS even after april 30th.Also, Way2SMS mail alerts will be continued as usual.”
It is easy and free. But need to spend time for this. You will happy with this tip.
- Step 1 :
- Create an account in way2sms.com. Here it is http://www1.way2sms.com/jsp/UserRegistration.jsp
- Step 2 :
- Now you will get one E-mail Id. It is some thing like this firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t Signout, we need to do some thing more.
- Step 3 :
- You have gmail account! Else create it https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount. And logon it.
- Step 4 :
- In gmail click on settings at top. http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#settings. And click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” Tab.
- Step 5 :
- In Forwarding block. Select this option “Forward a copy of incoming mail”. Eneter your way2sms.com E-mail Id(email@example.com). Then click on save changes.
- Step 6 :
- I think up to this ok for you. So now go to Way2sms.com page.Are u login?
- Step 7 :
- Click on “Mail Alerts”. Here you need to setup for mail SMS alerts to you mobile phone.
- Step 8 :
- You need to repite this step every 14 days once to reactivate SMS alerts. 🙁
- Extra Things :
- 1) If you want mail alerts from your Gmail Id. Go to gmail.com ;). Yes I am right go to Gmail we have option to get mail from other account, and forward mails automatically options available.
- 2) Click on Settings. Then click on “Accounts and Import” Tab.
- 3) In “Check mail using POP3” block. Add new Pop3 email account. Then follow same steps from 1 to 8 to get SMS alerts.