The next version of Windows phone is initially codenamed “Tango”. Now it is named Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh. This version is just minor update same like NoDo update. NoDo is first update version of Windows phone with few features like copy and paste. This Tango also coming with less features only.
This Tango smartphone device going to launch in China on March 21, 2012. It is having this list of features (few are officially confirmed and few are rumors)
1) It will help Windows Phone to run on low-cost devices with 256 MB RAM and low clock CPU.
2) Better media messaging. Now you can attach multiple pictures and videos—along with voice notes and ringtones—to text messages. You can include a video, picture, voice note, or ringtone in an instant message, too.
3) Location awareness icon. When an app is accessing the phone’s current location information, an icon will appear next to the battery status indicator.
4) Export and manage contacts to SIM card. Previously, Windows Phones only allows importing of contacts from a SIM card.
5) This update will also include a Skype application (currently in Beta).
6) 23 new market places
7) Task switcher allows to switch between 8 different apps, up from 5 apps
After Tango version, there is big version awaiting with more advantages, This version is named “Apollo“. First this name as just rumored out side of Microsoft. Now It is officially confirmed by MS at an MSDN seminar in August 2011.
Windows Phone 8 – Apollo features :
1) Support for multi-cores
2) Different resolutions
3) NFC support added, including payment and content sharing with Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 machines
4) Custom built apps to be deployed behind company firewalls
5) Skype client with deep OS hooks that will make it almost identical to placing standard voice calls
6) App-to-app communication and integration
7) Camera app now supports “lenses”, which allow third parties to skin and add features to camera interface.
8) Native code support, simplified porting from Android and iOS
and many more.
Enjoy while coding..!