Hi All, here is my post about “What we can expect in mobile technology & development 2013“. Let see what are the changes came in mobile technology.
1) Blackberry 10 :
RIM is going to release big smartphone OS device in few days. I really like BB hub very much and have had the opportunity to play with developer device, and I am almost happy with BB 10, super lock screen, great camera, best HTML5 browser and more. – on Jan 10th, 2013
As we expected RIM Blackberry released it’s new version on Jan 30th, 2013. It released with new devices called Z10 and Q10.
2) Apple iPhone next version : Apple also had new kids called iPhone 5s and 5c with iOS7. This new iPhone 5c came with different color cases and iPhone 5s also in three colors and with fingerprint scanner.
3) Ubuntu smartphone : Ubuntu recently announced their own smartphone OS. This is expected to come by this year end, as well as Ubuntu for Android. Ubuntu phones are still not on the market.
4) Firefox OS (Boot to Gecko) : Mozilla released another smartphone OS.
5) Facebook phone : It is a fake rumor (of 2012 – 2013). HTC and Facebook combined created Facebook Home app and looks like a Facebook Phone.
6) Samsung : As we expected Samsung released S4.
7) Nokia : Nokia released a new device with more camera features. Here are the few devices Nokia released in this year Lumia 925, 1020, 1520 and 2520 (Tab). And another big news is Microsoft to acquire Nokia’s devices & services business, license Nokia’s patents and mapping services
8) Amazon : We expected Amazon kindle to develop a small size (Smartphone). But did not hear anything about this.
9) Windows Phone : As expected Windows Phone gained more of the market share, now it’s in third position and Blackberry moved from third place to fourth place.